You wanna know?

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Summary of an empty night

I laughed as he threw empty beer bottles into the neighbor’s yard, and it was close to midnight, on a Thursday, and the view from his balcony was refreshing but I felt it lacked something.


maybe it lacked love.

maybe it lacked truth.


i'm tired of the truth anyway.


but he says I'm fun and we danced to some obscure music, while I wondered if UFOs were circling above us, masked as stars and maybe somewhere in another lifetime or galaxy, a girl just like me was laughing, as a boy just like him, was throwing his soul into a void, just for her, and there she is completely clueless and laughing at it all because she knows all things come to an end, even this boy, who could be anyone, really,

and that's the truth.


but I'm tired of the truth!


so I kept drinking and dancing and daydreaming myself into a lubricated oblivion like another dimension that I'm always attempting to reach, or like real TRUE love giving you a push into your battered heart and begging for it to give up, give in and take the goddamn risk! While it’s on its knees now, I see it in the distance; a fast moving train heading straight towards me, a blinding flash of brilliance comes when it’s swirling in the blood....

I leaned my head back and waited for its sweet and tender kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment