You wanna know?

Monday, June 18, 2012

invisible ink


always fighting the invisible enemy. 

carry on without me, comrades. I'm going at it alone. laying claim to what's rightfully mine: my sanity. my mind. my creativity. my energy: once reserved for other's needs, i was beginning to think i was lost, a bad friend, a selfish lover and all the rest. hope was nothing. all was lost. but the only thing that was really lost where the people i was surrounding myself with.

all the drugs
all the insignificant connections with vacant stares and hardened hearts.
i've let myself down thinking there was salvation in those crowds.

a crowd. people standing around, banding together, following each other's lead into an abyss of recycled ideas and clothes. people needing people. people deceiving themselves into thinking they've got a handle on it until IT starts to take the leash and lead you with it. a certain death waits for us all when we decide to give up. a life lived as if you were unconscious, once in a while, waking up and falling back in again.

I've only myself to blame. 

wake up kid, set the world on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment